Molecular Sieve 3A is made from zeolite powder 3A (>70%) and binder. Zeolite powder 3A is a potassium based type A zeolite, which is generated by replacing part of sodium cation in 4 angstrom sieve. Molecular sieve 3A is usually used for dehydration. Since it only adsorb molecule with diameter less than 3 anstroms. Molecular sieve 3A is a perfect adsorbent if you only want to remove water from gas mixture in most condition. Molecular Sieve 3A have the shape of beads and pallets.
Synonym: Zeolite 3A, Molsive 3A, Zeolith 3A
Typical Chemical Formula: 0,45 K2O . 0,55 Na2O . Al2O3 . 2 SiO2 . n H2O
CAS NO.: 1318-02-1
Silica-alumina ratio: SiO2/ Al2O3≈2
1. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used for drying of unsaturated hydrocarbons (e.g. ethylene, propylene, butadiene)
2. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in deep desiccation of cracked petroleum gases, such as ethylene, propylene, butadiene, acetylene and natural gas, and of polar liquid, such as ethanol, LPG and solvent
3. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in drying of natural gas, if COS minimization is essential, or a minimum co-adsorption of hydrocarbons is required
4. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in drying of highly polar compounds, such as methanol and ethanol
5. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in drying of refrigerants (e.g. XH-5, XH-7 etc)
6. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in dehydration of benzene, toluene, xylene and other solvents
7. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in static, (non-regenerative) dehydration of insulating glass units
Keep 3A molecular sieve in an air tight container until ready for use to avoid unintended moisture adsorption.
Molecular sieve 3A can be regenerated or activated either thermal regeneration method(Thermal Swing Adsorption, TSA); To remove moisture from a 3A molecular sieve, a temperature of 200-230°C (390-570°F)is required. Molecular sieve 3A can also be regnerated or activated by lowering the pressure in the case of pressure swing processes (PSA). A properly regenerated or activated molecular sieve can give moisture dew points below -100°C. The outlet concentrations on a pressure swing process will depend on the gas present, and on the conditions of the process.
150 kg/drum, 25kg/carton, supersack
Send us email if you need molecular sieve 3A isotherm and MSDS.
|Size ratio up to grade||%||≥98||≥98||≥96||≥96|
|Static water adsorption||%||≥20||≥20||≥20||≥20|
|Water content,as shipped||%||≤1.5||≤1.5||≤1.5||≤1.5|
1) Drying of unsaturated hydrocarbons(e.g.. ethylene,propylene,butadien)
2) Cracked Gas Drying
3) Drying of natural gas,if COS minimization is essential,or a minimum co-adsorption of hydrocarbons is required.
4) Drying of highly polar compounds,such as methanol and ethanol
5) Drying of liquid alcohol
6) Static,(non-regenerative) dehydration of insulating glass units,whether air filled or gas-filled.
By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be update with the latest news from us.
We never spam!