Molecular Sieve 5A is made from zeolite powder 5A (>70%) and binder. Molecular sieve 5A is usually used for separation of the normal and isomerous alkane, co-adsorption of carbon dioxide and moisture, along with pressure swing adsorption (PSA) for gases. Molecular Sieve 5A have the shape of beads, pallets.
Synonym: Zeolite 5A, Molsive 5A, 5A molecular sieve, 5 angstrom sieve
Typical Chemical Formula: Ca4, 5 [(Al02)12(SiO2)12].nH2O
CAS NO.: 1318-02-1
Silica-alumina ratio: SiO2/ Al2O3≈2
1. Molecular sieve 5A is an excellent adsorbent to remove water, CO2, H2S from sour natural gas streams, while decreasing COS formation
2. Molecular sieve 5A can adsorb light mercaptans
2. Molecular sieve 5A also use for the separation of normal- and iso-paraffins
3. Molecular sieve 5A can use for high purity N2, O2, H2 and inert gases from mixed gas streams
Keep 5A Molecular Sieve in an air tight container until ready for use to avoid unintended moisture adsorption.
Molecular sieve 5A can be regenerated or activated either thermal regeneration method(Thermal Swing Adsorption, TSA); To remove moisture from a 5A molecular sieve, a temperature of 200-230℃ (390-570℃)is required. Molecular sieve 5A can also be regnerated or activated by lowering the pressure in the case of pressure swing processes (PSA). A properly regenerated or activated molecular sieve can give moisture dew points below -100℃. The outlet concentrations on a pressure swing process will depend on the gas present, and on the conditions of the process.
150 kg/drum, 25kg/carton, supersack
Send us email if you need molecular sieve 5A isotherm and MSDS.
|Size ratio up to grade||%||≥98||≥98||≥96||≥96|
|Static water adsorption||%||≥21.5||≥21.5||≥21.5|
|Water content, as shipped||%||≤1.5||≤1.5||≤1.5||≤1.5|
1) The strong ionic forces of the divalent calcium ion makes it an excellent adsorbent to remove water.CO2, H2S from sour natural gas streams, while minimising COS formation.
2) Light mercaptans are also adsorbed.
3) It is also used for the separation of normal and iso paraffins.
4) Production of high purity N2, O2, H3 and inert gases from mixed gas streams.
By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be update with the latest news from us.
We never spam!